The right to the communication of the truth is not unconditional. Everyone must conform his life to the Gospel precept of fraternal love. This requires us in concrete situations to judge whether or not it is appropriate to reveal the truth to someone who asks for it.
(Catechism of the Catholic Church: 2488)
Charity and respect for the truth should dictate the response to every request for information or communication. The good and safety of others, respect for privacy, and the common good are sufficient reasons for being silent about what ought not be known or for making use of a discreet language. The duty to avoid scandal often commands strict discretion. No one is bound to reveal the truth to someone who does not have the right to know it.
(Catechism of the Catholic Church: 2489, Cf. Sir. 27:16; Prov. 25:9-10.)
At Spark Catholic Communications, LLC your privacy is extremely important to us. Please read the following details about our policies related to your privacy:
- Spark Catholic Communications, LLC Privacy Statement
- Can visitors to the Spark Catholic Communications, LLC web site visit without providing any personal information?
- Can anyone of any age use the SparkCatholic.com web site?
- What type of personal information about me will Spark Catholic Communications, LLC collect?
- What will Spark Catholic Communications, LLC use information it collects about me?
- Will Spark Catholic Communication, LLC sell my email address?
- Will Spark Catholic Communications, LLC provide my personal information to others?
- What benefits do I gain by providing my personal information to be kept and used by Spark Catholic Communications, LLC?
- Can I choose to Opt Out of receiving further communications?
- How secure are my online transactions?
- Are emails I send to Spark Catholic Communications, LLC always secure?
- Questions for Spark Catholic Communications, LLC?
Spark Catholic Communications, LLC Privacy Statement
Can visitors to the Spark Catholic Communications, LLC web site visit without providing any personal information?
Yes. Visitors the SparkCatholic.com web site can visit our web site without revealing to us who they are or providing any personal information. While our web servers do track the Internet domain address from which people visit our web site, and we do analyze this data for trends and statistics, individual users remain anonymous to us unless they voluntarily log into a previously created personal account of our web site using an identifiable user log in, or unless choosing to submit personal information through our web site in order to make a purpose or to tell us who they are.
Can anyone of any age use the SparkCatholic.com web site?
Yes. Spark Catholic Communications, LLC takes care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our web site is published for a general audience. In compliance with COPPA (the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), Spark Catholic Communications, LLC does not collect information online about or from children age 13 and under. We do not knowingly send email or send regular U.S. Mail correspondence to anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before choosing to provide any personal information to anyone online and should then do so only under supervision of their parents or guardians. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web. Purchases on Spark Catholic Communications web site, can only be made by individuals that are 18 years old, own a credit card, checking account or have access to create a purchase order.
What type of personal information about me will Spark Catholic Communications, LLC collect?
There may be times, such as when placing online orders through our web site, signing up to receive our catalogs or email newsletters, or to participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, etc., when we ask you for personal information about yourself, such as your name, shipping and billing addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card information, etc. We also maintain a record of your online purchases from our website. Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to make purchases, participate in special offers, or access certain content on our website or your records of past purchases.
What will Spark Catholic Communications, LLC use information it collects about me?
We use personal information to enhance your overall use of our web site by providing you with better customer care. Positive customer identification allows us to contact you and ensure your needs are met and handled appropriately and accurately. All personal information we acquire and store is provided by each individual user or customer of our web site.
Will Spark Catholic Communication, LLC sell my email address?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! Spark Catholic Communications, LLC will not sell, trade, share or rent your email address to anyone. We believe that your email address is personal and should be kept that way. We use your email address to provide you with better customer care support, and to update you on Spark Catholic Communications, LLC information you have requested.
If you make an online purchase from our SparkCatholic.com web site, or sign up to receive our emailed newsletters or catalog mailings, we may share your information with third party direct mail companies or web services companies. Your name, address and details about products you have purchased from us could be shared so that you can receive direct mail offers for other products that may interest you. If you would not like us to share your information for this intent, please email us or call 1-800-888-5222. You can also write us at:
Spark Catholic Communications, LLC
P.O. Box 45
Newtown Square, PA 19073
Will Spark Catholic Communications, LLC provide my personal information to others?
Yes, but only to companies or persons Spark Catholic Communications, LLC contracts with to provide necessary services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, etc., and only when such personal information is needed for to perform these necessary services related to you and only when these companies do not have any independent right to use or to share your personal information for any other purpose. Although unlikely, in certain instances Spark Catholic Communications, LLC may disclose your personally identifiable information when we have reason to believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Spark Catholic Communications, LLC, or to others. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when the law requires us to do.
What benefits do I gain by providing my personal information to be kept and used by Spark Catholic Communications, LLC?
• Your online purchases and transactions can be processed and you can be provided with the services you request and or products you purchase while your product and service preferences can be identified.
• You can receive our catalogues and other direct mail offers via the U.S. Mail and via email you can become informed of our new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
• We can contact you about the status of your orders and you can receive order status updates through e-mail notification, including order and shipping confirmations, which include links allowing you to track the location of your shipment through our online tracking system.
• You gain a personal account available to you every time you log in to our web site with your personal customer user ID and password so in the future you will save time by not having to submit your personal ordering information again.
• From time-to-time you will be invited to participate in company mission to make our products intended primarily for Catholic parishes and Catholic institutions, known to others through certain contests and or promotional giveaways we may conduct to generate new sales and new customers.
• You will gain more personalized and knowledgeable customer care by our customer service team which will be more able to assist you more promptly and more accurately by identifying you, your preferences and any past purchases.
• You will help us improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall customer shopping experience.
Can I choose to Opt Out of receiving further communications?
Yes. You may withdraw your personal information and stop receiving catalogs and/or e-mail communications at any time. To withdraw your information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at:
Spark Catholic Communications, LLC
P.O. Box 45
Newtown Square, PA 19073
To Be Removed From Our Catalogue Mailings: When contacting us, please make sure to provide us with your exact name and address or the mailing label from your catalog so that we can identify you correctly. We will make every effort to implement any choice you make as soon as possible, but you should allow approximately three months for mailing change requests to be fully implemented. Any mailings that you may receive during this time do not reflect your subscription status, and we ask that you please disregard them.
To Be Removed From Our Email Contact List: If you choose to be removed from our e-mail list, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your latest email that you have received from Spark Catholic Communications.
How secure are my online transactions?
Very secure. We use highly sophisticated technology to ensure your online purchases will be safe and secure. We encrypt all your personal information, including your name, address, and credit card number when transmitting over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security software. We update our security procedures regularly to enhance our web site to meet the very latest encryption standards. We retain a third party security firm to audit our procedures to ensure compliance with these standards. All of your sensitive information is scrambled before, during and after your order is placed on our web site. Unfortunately, however, much like offline transactions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while taking precaution to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk. Be assured however, that once we receive your transmission, we do our best to protect its security on our systems. We urge you to keep your account password you use for your personal account at SparkCatholic.com in a safe place, and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our web site. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or hotel.
Are emails I send to Spark Catholic Communications, LLC always secure?
No. Normal emails you send to us using your web tools or applications for sending us emails, or when using “Contact Us” links to our web site, is not encrypted and therefore should not be considered a secure means for transmitting credit card information or any personal information you may wish to keep private or secure.
Questions for Spark Catholic Communications, LLC?
Need More help?...
E-mail us at: CustomerCare@sparkcatholic.com
Or call us at: (855)-97-SPARK (855-977-7275).
Mon.-Fri. 9AM – 5PM EST